Exploring the Shadow through Expressive Arts
“We must approach, meet and work with our shadow if we are to live a more liberated and truly responsible life in which awareness, love and integrity function as one.” (Masters, R. 2018)
Monday June 24
6:30-8:30 pm EDT
Online via Zoom video-conferencing
with Janet Rasmussen, Ph.D
Are you an expressive arts practitioner, therapist, or student?
Would you like to expand your training without having to travel to a workshop?
Our Professional Development series, with leaders in the Expressive Arts field might be just right for you!
In this interactive workshop with Janet Rasmussen, we will:
1. Explore these questions:
- What is the shadow?
- How do we identify something that is not in our direct sight?
- How do we work with the aspects of our own shadow?
2. Use guided meditation to identify the shadow.
3. Create a shadow box using Expressive arts. (Everyone will need to have a box, shoe box, any box will do.)
4. Dance/move with our shadow.
- How do we heal?
- How do we be consciously aware of our shadow?
- How do we take this information and integrate it in our lives?
Janet Rasmussen Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist and utilizes person-centered expressive arts and meditation in her private practice in Eagan, Minnesota. She specializes in working with individuals to uncover suppressed emotions, self-silencing, spirituality and personal transformation.
She is one of the Executive Co-Chairs of IEATA (International Expressive Arts Therapy Association.